The Kavli Institute at Cornell hosted a Journalist's Workshop in Nanotechnology, Wednesday, June 13, 2007.
Program highlights included: Primer on nanoscale science; hands-on experiences in nanotechnology labs; one-on-one meetings with faculty and inventors. Download flier [here].
View photo highlights [here].
Led into the CNF 30th Anniversary Celebration, Thursday, June 14.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
- 8:00a Registration, 423 ILR Conference Center
- 8:30a Primer Session 1, 423 ILR Conference Center [.PDF]
- 10:00a Hands-On Experience
• CNF-NBTC Clean Room Tour and Activities, Duffield Hall [CNF .PDF] [NBTC .PDF]
- 12:00p Lunch, 423 ILR Conference Center
- 1:00p Primer Session 2, 423 ILR Conference Center[.PDF]
- 2:30p Hands-On Experience
• Polymer Chemistry, 406 Thurston Hall [.PDF]
• Tomography, 238 Duffield Hall [.PDF]
• Carbon Nanotubes, C-2 Clark Hall [.PDF]
• Nano Fibers, 213 Martha Van Rensselaer Hall [.PDF]
- 5:00p Speed-Pitch Session/Reception, Terrace Lounge, Statler Hall
- 6:30p Dinner, Terrace Lounge, Statler Hall
- 8:00p Evening Program, Terrace Lounge Statler Hall
• Fibers With Nano-Functionality: Apparel, Sensors, and Other Applications, Terrace Lounge, Statler Hall
Kavli Institute at Cornell for Nanoscale Science